Calorie tracking without the stress!
A guide for beginners and advanced users.
Calorie tracking is a popular method for monitoring calorie intake and achieving certain fitness goals. Tracking is no different than documenting what you eat throughout the day.
You don't have to track your whole life, but it's a good idea to do it for a while to get a feel for your calorie intake.
One thing in advance: Even experienced exercisers and coaches cannot reliably estimate their calorie intake.
So tracking is the best way to make sure you reach certain goals, especially if they depend on the quantity and quality of food.
In this article, we provide tips on how to make calorie tracking easy.
What are calories?
Calorie is a unit of energy contained in food. Our body needs calories to function.
When we eat more calories than we burn, we store them as fat.
When we consume fewer calories than we burn, we lose weight.
There are different ways to track calories. You can have one Calorie counting app use, keep a calorie diary or estimate your calorie intake.
6 key benefits of calorie tracking
- No more surprises - you know exactly how many calories you've consumed per day
- Easier control of your nutrition – whether dieting or building up is something not working? Then it is easier to recognize the errors
- Enjoy without worry – wWhen you know you still have calories left, you can enjoy a special occasion without worrying about missing your goals
- Health Benefits: You know exactly whether you are consuming enough protein – or not. Protein has many health benefits, such as b. strengthening the immune system and reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
- Insight: You can learn from your successes and failures and adjust your diet accordingly.
- Consciousness: You will become more aware of your diet and more careful when choosing your food.
The biggest sources of error.
There are some common sources of error when tracking calories. This includes:
- Not counting all the calories
- Inaccurate measurement of portion sizes
- Not taking into account the preparation method
- Not taking into account snacks and drinks
Calculate basal metabolic rate and calorie consumption.
Basal metabolic rate is the number of calories your body needs to function in a resting day. Your calorie expenditure is the number of calories you burn in a day, including your basal metabolic rate, daily activities, and exercise.
Lack of attention to the “little things”.
Many people tend to forget the “little things” when tracking their calorie intake.
This includes snacks, drinks and even sauces and condiments.
Raw vs. Cooked.
The weight of food can change due to preparation.
For example, raw vegetables lose weight when cooked, while pasta gains weight when cooked.
Many foods contain hidden calories. These include soft drinks, juices, ready meals and fast food.
Soft drinks are a common source of hidden calories.
A single can of cola contains around 150 calories.
It can be difficult to track calories when eating out. Therefore, it is important to choose restaurants that offer healthy options.
“Better” vs. “worse” alternatives.
There are no “good” or “bad” foods. However, it's important to make choices that are beneficial to your health and weight goals.
Calorie tracking can be an effective way to achieve certain fitness goals.
However, it is important to do it correctly to achieve accurate results.
If you need help with calorie tracking, you can contact a personal trainer in Hamburg.
Here at Fit4TheGame Hamburg, our personal trainers can help you ENJOY a better relationship with your food:
We can show you how tools like calorie counting, when used correctly, can help you be more relaxed about your eating habits and appreciate your food more.
If you use calorie counting correctly, you can learn how to incorporate your favorite foods into a healthy diet. You can also learn how to eat a balanced diet to achieve your physical and mental goals.
You don't have to go it alone: getting friendly advice from an expert is just the smart thing to do!
Our personal trainers in Hamburg have made it easier for many people to get back into work and can also help you save time and money.
Book your free introductory appointment now and find out about our trial memberships.