Seven tips on how to stay motivated and achieve all your fitness goals this year…
1. If you haven’t done so, write down your goals – It’s important. Everything starts here. Take a few minutes right now to write down your fitness and health goals and a specific plan to achieve them complete with a timeline.
2. Make a list of the obstacles in your way and what you are going to do to overcome them – The first step to overcoming obstacles is to identify and then come up with an action plan to defeat them. For instance, if you feel you can’t get into shape because you just don’t have the time, make a list of how you spend your time and cut out things you do that tend to be unproductive (such as watching television or taking an overlong lunch.)
3. Write out the reasons you want to achieve your goals – What will it mean to your life? How will it make you feel? What will it do for your self-confidence? And so on… Then prioritize them and read the list at least once a day.
4. Remember that life is short. The late Steve Jobs once said “Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help make the big choices in life. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.”
Looking after your health is a big choice. And one that could extend the amount of time you spend with your family and friends. So go for it. You have nothing to lose, and as the saying goes “everything to gain.”
5. Talk like a champion – Now this might seem like a small thing, but words matter. Don’t say “I can’t” or “I might” say “I can” and “I will.” Plus never criticize yourself. Never forget, you are the number one person in your life and you should treat yourself accordingly.
6. Read quotes, articles, books, biographies that inspire you. Reserve a half hour (or more) each day to fill your mind with positive thoughts. Read about people you admire and learn from others who have already achieved what you want to achieve in life.
7. As William James reminds us, never forget that your thoughts control who you become and what you achieve – Banish negative thoughts from your life forever. If they should enter your mind, change the subject immediately. If you’re confronted by a problem, instead of dwelling on it look for the opportunity it presents. And always remember that to have a healthy body, you have to have healthy thoughts and words about yourself.
NBA Coach Pat Riley once said “There are only two options regarding commitment: you’re either in or you’re out. There’s no such thing as life in between.”
How committed are you? Have you been living “in between” for too long?
There’s no time like the present to bring positive change to your life. You already have everything you need to succeed. Because as The Beatles so aptly put it “the movement you need is on your shoulders.”
Believe you can and you will. Then use these seven tips and make 2015 the year you keep, reach and exceed your fitness and health goals.
Are you considering beginning a new fitness- or training-programme, but are worried that you won’t manage it alone because you don’t have sufficient motivation or the right support network? All our Fit4TheGame coaches are on-call every day, and passionate about helping you achieve your goals.
Or are you simply interested in personal training in Hamburg? No problem. Book a free consultation with one of our coaching experts by clicking HERE.
Any normal fitness studio, as well as the members who frequent it, are the mirror in which you need to see yourself. Do see yourself as ‘just another face in the crowd’, or would you prefer to see yourself training and having fun in an exclusive and friendly atmosphere, enjoying a community where you are guaranteed to achieve your goals? Take a look HERE at videos from current Fit4TheGame members who tell their stories, sharing their achievements since joining, and explaining what makes Fit4TheGame so completely unique.
This post is also available in: Deutsch